Week 1: Basic ShapeS

Basic Perspective: Transferring Scale Exercise

To complete this assignment, use the information from the transferring scale webpage to transfer lines in perspective.

Specifications

Subject matter: Line
  • Exercise 1: On a piece of paper, draw an eye level. Draw a 5 inch vertical line anywhere on the page. Using a vanishing point, transfer it forward and/or backward to three different depths as shown on the Transfer of Scale webpage.

• Exercise 2: On the same sheet of paper, using the same eye level, draw a 5 inch horizontal line anywhere. Using a vanishing point, transfer it forward and/or backward to three different depths.

Size: 9"x12"

Media: graphite

Deadlines

Post completed drawings by Wednesday at 11:59 PM: Scan in and submit your drawings to the discussion board.

Provide feedback by Thursday at 11:59 PM: Provide feedback to members of the class. I will be providing feedback, but I’d like you to offer feedback also. In your feedback answer the following questions:

• Are all the vertical lines perfectly vertical? To check if they are, see if they are parallel to the left and right sides of the sketchbook (format).

• Are all the horizontal lines perfectly horizontal? To check if they are, see if they are parallel to the top and bottom of the sketchbook (format).

Discussion

In I-Learn, go to Week 1 — Basic Geometric Shapes I and click on Week 1 Exercises. Create a post and submit your completed documents there.

Help Desk

If you are having difficulty scanning, contact the computer help desk.
On Campus: x9000
Off Campus: 208-496-9000 or 1-866-237-5195 (toll free)